School Registration India – Schools are regulated by respective state’s Education Departments and different laws are prevalent in different states. Like state of Delhi has Delhi School Education Act, 1973.
According to the Delhi School Education Rules, 1973, every individual, association of individuals, society or trust, desiring to establish a new school in Delhi, not being a minority school, shall before establishing such school, give an intimation in writing to the Adminstrator of his or their intention to establish such school.
Similarly, unreocgnized schools cannot open a new class ther than the ones which have received an approval from appropriate authority, without the necessary approval. School includes a pre-primary, primary, middle and higher secondary school.
Further, every school seeking recognition would be required to fulfil some conditions like school should be run by a society registered under Societies Registation Act, 1860 or a publis trust established under Indian Trusts Act, 1882. Further,
- It should have proper funds to ensure financial stability and payment of salaries,
- It should get management schme duly approved,
- It has suitable or adequate accomodation and sanitary facilities,
- It should provide for approved courses of study and efficienct instructions,
- Teachers should possess prescribed qualifications,
- Lastly, should have prescribed facilities for physical education, library service, laboratory work, workshop practice or co-curricular activities.